What do Green LIBERAL DEMOCRATS want?

  • We want well insulated houses to limit energy loss
  • We want a drainage system that does not pollute our environment
  • More investment in our National Grid to connect sustainable power sources
  • More investment by local authorities in solar power
  • More recycling of our waste
  • No more chemical pollution of our waterways
  • A reduction in plastic useage
  • A tax on carbon emissions
  • A stop to Fracking

The list goes on. There is so much that we need to do to save our planet and conserve the resources we have.

Why not join us in our campaign to Save Our Planet.

Green Every Home

Back the plan to Green Every Home

Energy usage in our homes accounts for 14% of UK emissions. Our homes are some of the worst quality in Europe. 2.5 million live in fuel poverty due to poor insulation and heat loss.

The Conservatives have scrapped the Green Homes Grant, taking us backwards.

Liberal Democrats would upgrade insulation in all existing homes by 2030, creating thousands of new green jobs. We would also require all new homes to be eco-friendly and increase minimum energy efficiency standards for privately rented properties.

Our Green Blog:

  • 04/01/2024 - Government claims that enabling development of the Rosebank Oil Field will provide energy security have been shown to be a lie as in a written reply to a parliamentary question they admit that they will have no ability to direct where the oil is sold, and that it could be sold on the international oil market and end up anywhere in the world. Once again this government shows that to them cash is more important than climate warming concerns. Their abysmal record on protecting our children's future means nothing to them as they once again fail to take actions to ensure that the UK abides by its international responsibilities.
  • 25/11/2023 - Reports out recently from Institutions such as Oxfam and The Stockholm Environment Institute and highlighted in today's Guardian record that 2,600 of the world's richest people generate as much carbon pollution as does 5 billion of the world's poorest people. Only the USA and China of the world's countries produce more pollution than they do. The article in the Guardian goes on to state that that the world's richest 10% produce half of the pollution of the world compared to the pollution produced by the remaining 90% of the world's population. The article further highlighted how carbon taxes in Norway, one of the world's richest nations, have changed peoples' behaviour to be less polluting by installing heat pumps instead of burning fossil fuels. The message is that the wealthy need to take a lead in reducing their polluting emmissions and that applies to individuals as well as countries. Article
  • 11/06/2023 - An article in the Financial Times highlights the Electricity Grid connections failures that exist around the world and that are preventing renewable sources of electricity generation from feeding into the electricity system. For example in the UK delays in connection are forecast to reach up to fifteen years. These delays will cause huge problems for the world as it attempts to green energy supplies and will prove to be a major factor in preventing climate goals for 2050 from being achieved. 
  • 24/12/2022 - Reports in the Guardian today forecast that the demand for lithium for car batteries will cause huge ecological damage to the planet by 2050 (just 27 years away). This would suggest that electric cars are not the solution to greening our planet that are claimed by so many.

Green News

This website uses cookies

Like most websites, this site uses cookies. Some are required to make it work, while others are used for statistical or marketing purposes. If you choose not to allow cookies some features may not be available, such as content from other websites. Please read our Cookie Policy for more information.

Essential cookies enable basic functions and are necessary for the website to function properly.
Statistics cookies collect information anonymously. This information helps us to understand how our visitors use our website.
Marketing cookies are used by third parties or publishers to display personalized advertisements. They do this by tracking visitors across websites.